I can't cover all of Sydney in one blog post, I just can't. And my photos are no match for those in 52 suburbs. But here are some things I love:
- Festivals in Summer! When the whole city comes into one space and the streets are full of people instead of cars and everything is free.
- The coffee! It looks great, it tastes great... It means we have heaps and heaps of little cafes. Everyone I know who travels overseas misses it oh so much.
- More festivals- the way that we get these little bits of organised whimsy...
- As well as the unofficial whimsy, of course. The type of thing that inspires people to knit stockings for street signs.
- The left-behind bits of industry, whether they be converted to new uses or left to fall down gradually...
- The sea and storm clouds are so good together, and it's hard to dislike the Manly ferry.
- Even some of the cemeteries have a view... I think cemeteries are beautiful in any case.
- The skyline... Let's face it, even people who diss Sydney think it's beautiful.
There's so much more to love: the range of cultures, foods, graffiti, buildings.... I think that this a subject I could just keep returning to again and again. I'll leave you with one of my favourite Sydney photos from near where I live: