today's post brought to you by the letter...

Simon posted a fun meme over at Stuck-in-a-book the other day- he assigns a random letter and you have to pick some of your favourites that start with that letter. And my letter is N! Let's do this.

Favourite book...

number9dream - David Mitchell
Image from Google Books

This book made me really fall in love with the writing of David Mitchell- and still my favourite. Although Cloud Atlas is also amazing! And I can't believe it but it took me a while to think of it...




 



Favourite author...

E. Nesbit
Image from Wikipedia

I grew up with Five Children and It, The Phoenix and the Carpet and so on, but most of all with The Railway Children. My siblings and I read the book, and watched the movie, multiple times. E. Nesbit will always have a special place in my heart!









Favourite song...


 
No Light, No Light - Florence and the Machine

Because I love Florence and the Machine! Though I have to say it was a toss up between this and No Aphrodisiac by The Whitlams. 

Favourite film...



I'm going to cheat and say Star Wars: A New Hope, one of my all-time favourites.















Favourite object...
Image used under a CC2.0 license by Stewf

Nightstand! If I didn't have one, where would I store my books?












Well, N ended up being harder than I thought! But lots of fun.

Comments

  1. I found N a bit hard as well -- but looks like we have the same favourite N author! Some really fun answers here. Great to explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't E. Nesbit fantastic? I'll have to see your N picks too now, I'm curious to see other N options! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To Start With, Quotes

panem et circenses

2022 Booklist