I did this a couple of years ago- it's a meme taken from Ronni- and I liked it so I'm doing it again. Pretend that it's NYE rather than New Years Day....
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Studied by distance, ran a bible study.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm a bit wishy washy with new year's resolutions. I guess the same as most people- eat better, exercise more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two school friends of mine did- to Amelia and Matthew. Both in October. Also my cousin, in June, to Oscar.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Gran. It was somewhat unexpected. We remembered her chocolate cakes and love of books. I remembered the time she defended us from a charging bull (it may have been a cow) armed with a pitchfork. Love you Gran.
5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't leave Australia.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More holidays! Maybe even leaving Australia.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
If I can't think of one, I doubt it can be etched on my memory.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through a year of uni while also working and running a bible study.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I always forget the failures. Maybe failing to get my paperwork together and save as much as I could have. But I did get some way towards those things, so yay me!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not so many colds as normal, but a lot of hayfever. Short stomach bug. Nothing exciting.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Books, my cardigan... I don't know. Money can't buy you love.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
So proud of my friends who managed to give birth! Proud of Cloud Control for growing as a band.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Savings, food, Andrew's car.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Babies! And my friend Alicia's engagement.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
I think most things from last years Triple J hottest 100, we played the CD alot this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? A little bit sadder.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Slightly richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Holidaying! Reading, exercise.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family, in my Gran's old house near Scone. Although half the day was spent driving to Scone.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010
23. Did your heart break in 2010?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Gruen Transfer/Nation, Chaser, Good Game. Love you ABC! Oh, and Sherlock Holmes. And the IT Crowd.
25. Where were you when 2010 began?
At a friend's place in West Pennant Hills.
26. Who were you with?
Uni friends, Andrew.
27. Where will you be when 2010 ends?
At a friend's flat in Annandale.
28. Who will you be with when 2010 ends?
Uni friends, no Andrew :(
29. What was the best book you read?
Home by Marilynne Robinson30. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Florence and the Machine
31. What did you want and get?
Many things, I am lucky.
32. What did you want and not get?
A trip overseas.
33. What was your favourite film of this year?
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World? Can't even remember what movies I watched this year.
34. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out to dinner with Andrew, played lawn bowls with my friends and went to the pub.
35. How many different states did you travel to in 2010?
NSW and ACT.
36. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
37. What kept you sane?
38. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
39. What political issue stirred you the most?
Australian elections, Wikileaks (does that count as political?), the US and the rise of the Tea Party
40. How many concerts did you see in 2010?
Um, I think three? Maybe there were more? Florence and the Machine and Cloud Control (twice).
41. Did you have a favourite concert in 2010?
Florence and the Machine introduced me to their music, which was awesome. Cloud Control's second concert showed how good they had gotten, which was also great.
42. Who was the best new person you met?
My bible study were pretty great.
43. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year
I'm sure I got angry about a lot of small things. Probably ranted about something stupid. Not too bothered though.
44. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2010?
Don't remember one.
45. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Everyone approaches life from different viewpoints, so they are always going to disagree. Try not to demonise the opposition.
46. What are your plans for 2011?
More of the same (work, study, bible study), hopefully with that overseas trip in there somewhere, or a house.
47. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I'll love you 'til the ocean takes us all
- Til the Ocean Takes Us All, Cat Empire