fill in the books

In my wanderings around the blogosphere I have come across two(!) memes that involve filling in the blanks with books you've read this year. I couldn't decide which one to do, so naturally I have done both. The downside is that you start to run out of good titles, but it was fun nonetheless.


First, from Regular Ruminations (here):


In high school I was: Under a Glass Bell (Anais Nin)
People might be surprised I’m: The Fire in the Blood (Irene Nemirovsky)
I will never be: Jude the Obscure (Thomas Hardy)
My fantasy job is: Unseen Academicals (Terry Pratchett)
At the end of a long day I need: Love in a Cold Climate (Nancy Mitford)
I hate it when: Housekeeping (Marilynne Robinson) 
Wish I had: A Study in Scarlet (Arthur Conan Doyle)
My family reunions are: Exploits of Moominpappa (Tove Jansson)
At a party you’d find me: Looking for Alibrandi (Melina Marchetta)
I’ve never been to: Brooklyn (Colm Toibin)
A happy day includes: The Summer Book (Tove Jansson)
Motto I live by: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Patrick Ness)
On my bucket list: Bella Tuscany (Frances Mayes)
In my next life I want to be: The Piper's Son (Melina Marchetta)

Second, from Stuck-in-a-Book (here):

Describe yourself: Personal Anthology (Jorge Luis Borges)

How do you feel: These Happy, Golden Years (Laura Ingalls Wilder)

Describe where you currently live: Home (Marilynne Robinson)

If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Invisible Cities (Italo Calvino)

Your favorite form of transportation: Castle in the Air (Diana Wynne Jones)

Your best friend is: The Ask and the Answer (Patrick Ness)

You and your friends are: A Madness of Angels (Kate Griffin)

What's the weather like: The Edge of the Cloud (KM Peyton)

You fear: The Knife of Never Letting Go (Patrick Ness)

What is the best advice you have to give: Started Early, Took My Dog (Kate Atkinson)

Thought for the day: Elephants Can Remember (Agatha Christie)

How I would like to die: Die a Little (Megan Abbott)

My soul's present condition: The House of Mirth (Edith Wharton)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Start With, Quotes

panem et circenses

2022 Booklist