upcoming

Here's an update on a future thing appearing on this blog, I know you will all be on tenterhooks to hear what I will write next.

After reading Housekeeping I wanted to go out and read everything else Marilynne Robinson has ever written. But where to start? The obvious place is Gilead, perhaps her most famous book. But should I read that or Home, written later than Gilead but set parallel to it? Musing on Twitter my friend Sam commented that he was keen to read Gilead and, long story short, we decided to do a parallel read- he read Gilead and I read Home. Next step: we both review them, swap and repeat. So I'm sorry if this blog starts to give you Marilynne Robinson fatigue, but I have a lot more coming up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Start With, Quotes

panem et circenses

2023 Booklist