internet exploration

I'm not very good at running a blog I suppose, because I have no intention to write about anything I was talking about last time. I'm sorry, but there you have it.

Instead, I bring to you the pick of the internet, that I have selflessly picked out for you through hard hours of internet browsing, following random links, reading and viewing:

Alice and Kev
If you didn't know already, Sims 3 was released earlier this month, and this site has used it to make a compelling ongoing blog narrative, about the adventures of her Sims, a homeless girl and her father. The expanded personality features in Sims 3 make this more complex, and the amount of free will means the storyline has plenty of unexpected twists and turns. The writer has also put the story together well, with well chosen pictures and good writing, and gathered plenty of followers in the process.

A warning: this story really shows the possibilities of the game and makes it look appealing, after reading it for a while you may feel the urge to go and buy a copy. You have been warned. But I'm enjoying my copy so far... *cough* Although I don't know if I have enough patience to let the sims go and create their own stories, I have goals for them! And so little time to achieve them... *sigh*


Photochains
You may have seen this in Canon advertising, and it is purely a promotion for Canon cameras, but I think it's also an interesting idea. The point is to make chains of photos, starting with one photo in which something is tagged that inspires the next. There are some good photos out there, and I'll be interested to see where the chains end up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Start With, Quotes

panem et circenses

2022 Booklist