waking up and walking


Today I had arranged to meet someone from work at Coogee at 8:30 for a day at the beach. Sadly I went to bed rather late last night (surprising, I know) so dragging myself out of bed this morning was particularly difficult. Looking out the window revealed a sky full of clouds but devoid of rain so I set off, catching a bus through peak hour traffic, and arrived (more or less) on time, only to discover that my friend had decided not to come since the weather was bad. Not a problem, I set out to go back home. I had two options: take a bus home, which would take around 10 mins, and go back to sleep or walk home. I chose the latter. It took I guess around an hour and a half, and the walk was somewhere between 2 and 5 kilometres (I found the signposts very confusing) but it was very nice to walk home along the cliffs. I took millions of photos (just for fun) along the way. It was hard not to, because around every new corner was a new scene that was arresting or just plain beautiful that I felt I should take a photo of. The long walk was relaxing at the same time as being hard work. And half way along one of my thongs broke so I did the rest barefoot. Other adventures included stepping on a bluebottle (the stingless bit) and climbing on a climbing frame (one of those big nets). I've wanted to do more of that walk for a while, so I enjoyed my morning quite a bit. But now it's only 11:30 and I'm not sure what to do with the rest of my day. There are many things I should get done, so I'm sure something will present itself.

In other news, I've run out of book. Any suggestions for something new to read? I have a few marriage books, but I would like a novel for my relaxing time as well. I love novels with an immoderate passion. Yes.
Oh, and my results came out on Tuesday and I got first class honours. Yay! What a relief. I celebrated with many a glass of champagne.

Comments

  1. MANY a glass of champagne?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few? Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still looking for a book? Because Cat seriously, HOW many Rushdies have you actually read? My understanding has always been you could do with a few more...

    Did I tell you I've finally started Posession? Really enjoying it so far, I can see why you like it :)

    And yay for first class honours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To Start With, Quotes

panem et circenses

2022 Booklist